RESULTS and materials of the seminar for teachers
primary and kindergarten schools
practical examples of working with NEWLY EMERGED methodical manuals for textbooks "Aha, Slovak!" and "The world around us in Slovak".
The aim of the training was:
- inform about the progress of work on individual project outputs and agree on a timetable so that we can finish work on the methodological manuals for the textbook Aha, Slovak! and to complete the workbook The world around us in Slovak by the end of February 2024,
- to inform the general professional public that at the end of February 2024 methodological manuals will be available along with Slovak language textbooks for children of foreigners, which will guide teachers and give them instructions on how to work with individual exercises,
- to inform the general professional public about the additional didactic material being prepared and the wide possibilities of its use - picture cards. A methodological guide was also compiled for the cards, providing teachers with instructions on how to work with the cards and what range of possibilities the cards provide,
- to inform the pedagogical public that part of the methodical manual is also a part dedicated to practicing literary pronunciation and spelling, and that the exercises belonging to this chapter are also available as recordings,
- to inform teachers working in classes with children of foreigners that they also have a self-assessment test that the child can take after completing the Slovak language course and will be evaluated on how much he/she has mastered the subject matter necessary to achieve language level A1 of language proficiency according to SERR.
We are pleased that the feedback from the teachers present was only positive, according to the teachers, this two-day training was a great benefit for those present in their work with the textbooks Aha, Slovak! and The World around us in Slovak.
We ended the entire training in a pleasant atmosphere in a nearby restaurant at a working lunch.
Finally, we offer a few photos of the atmosphere during our training. We also attach the presentations that were given at the training.
Iveta Tunegová, iCan project coordinator